Dra. Patricia Carballo Quiroz / Dr. Ana Maria Carballo Quiroz / Dra Rosario Sanchez Caballero / Dra A. Elena Rodriguez / Dr. Antonio Sanchez Caballero Dr. Antonio Sanchez Carballo / Dr. Jaime Andrade / Dr. Fernando Dominguez Vello / Dr. Fernando Francois Flores / Dr. Corrado G. Bruno / Dr. José Matuk Kanan / Dr. Ulrich D. Fischer
Special thanks to Dr. Sandra M Chase, MD, DHT
Since the outbreak of H1N1, all national and international health organizations, governments and the worldwide population have been concerned about the progress of this disease. We all know that homeopathy offers a good alternative to the standard treatments by university medicine. The LMHI gathered the already documented experience of our Mexican colleagues in the treatment of H1N1 and wants to disseminate this information. In this way The LMHI fulfills its mission to participate actively in maintaining and improving the health of human beings. With this first bulletin on H1N1, LMHI wishes to contribute to the application of homeopathic medicines in this pandemic.
Dr.Corrado Bruno Dr.José Matuk Past-President LMHI Prime Vice President LMHI LIGA MEDICORUM
The H1N1 flu is a respiratory infection caused by a strain of influenza virus of the type A, which normally causes outbreaks of influenza in pigs. The disease affects pigs almost exclusively, however, a new strain of virus, derived, in part from the human influenza virus, and, in part, from the pig influenza virus, has been demonstrated to be transmissible to humans and, worse, from human being to human being. Another concern that has arisen is the serious form of disease and, because of the high mortality rate of this strain of virus and of its capacity to be transmitted between humans, there is the concern that the H1N1 flu could become a global pandemic.
The H1N1 flu epidemic has spread rapidly in the past weeks. The World Health Organization increased the level of global pandemic alert from level 4 to level 5, which means that, even if the majority of the countries has not been affected yet, there are strong signs that a pandemic is imminent and that the time to organize a contingency plan is short. The increase in alert level indicates that the probability of an emergence of a global H1N1 influenza pandemic has grown during the last weeks. It should be noted that there are reports of cases of influenza caused by other viruses which are not the H1N1. They must be distinguished from the epidemic of human influenza as they present different behaviors. The human influenza has a sudden appearance that evolves more quickly toward pneumonia, with severe attack on the general state of the patient. On a parallel level, there are many cases that do not correspond to human influenza, or to seasonal influenza. They represent rather common colds that have no connection with influenza. At present the homeopathic colleagues of Mexico have been able to identify indirectly, by the written reports of doctors in hospitals, the following symptoms:
•Proceeded by 40% great chills
•Persistent fever between 38.5 °C (101.3°F) to 39.4 °C (102.9°F) accompanied by fresh diaphoresis on the back, face and neck
•Generalized weakness, adynamia without extreme prostration
•Profuse sweating during fever
•Pain by intake of solid initially and then even liquids
•Constant arthralgias in the hands, elbows and shoulders at the febrile peak
•Cold Applications amel
•Retroocular headache or eyeballs pain ("My eyes hurt")
•With rest amel
•Occipital and neck headache aggravated by being raised on a pillow
•Some patients with occipital pain of throbbing type
•Pneumonia with infiltrated interstitial or multiple pockets
•Productive cough with yellowish expectoration
Between 48 and 72 hours the medical situation has developed or has become complicated. The symptoms are vague and have limited clinic homeopathy application, but, as the symptoms were obtained directly from a significant number of H1N1 confirmed infected patients, homeopathic medicine can be used. Influenza ranks among the category of respiratory diseases, but, in reality, the whole body is disrupted when the person gets sick. In short, people affected are often very sick and are suffering from all or some of the symptoms:
•Clear nasal discharge.
•Cough, often becoming severe.
•Severe aches and pains.
•Fatigue for several weeks.
•Sometimes sore throat.
•Fever and pain throughout the body generally last from three to five days, but the cough and fatigue can last for two weeks or more.
•Mexican fever may be accompanied by nausea, vomiting and diarrhea.
Until now the guidelines that have been given to define a case of Mexican influenza (case definition / swine flu) by CDC (Influenza like/illness ILI) are as follows:
•A confirmed case of influenza A H1NI defines a person with an acute breathing illness with laboratory confirmation of the A H1N1 influenza virus through the following laboratory diagnosis:
1. PCR/RT in real time
2. Viral Culture
•A probable case of infection by influenza A H1NI defines a person with influenza type symptoms
1. Positive for influenza A, but negative for H1 or H3 influenza by PCR/RT
•A suspected case of influenza A defines people who do not meet the criteria at the top and have H1NI negative tests:
1. Healthy person, under the age of 65 years, hospitalized with symptoms similar to the influenza.
2. Lives in a state (country) where no cases of influenza have been confirmed, but has traveled to a state (country) where there are one or more probable cases.
3. Has been in contact in the last 7 days with a person with similar symptoms to the influenza (ILI).
Homeopathic medical treatment is individual, but in the face of an epidemic, we can obtain groups of drugs characterized by the peculiarities of the symptoms of the sick.
For this specific epidemic, we have obtained the following remedies for the symptoms found in different patients.
The symptoms listed above are the common symptoms of the disease that, for the homeopathic doctor, serve to show whether or not it is Influenza. However, they are not useful for the prescription of homeopathic medicines. The pattern and the individuality of the symptoms of each patient are what determine the prescription of a homeopathic remedy. We have listed the symptoms for which these remedies have been indicated, without determining an epidemic genius.
The drugs mostly indicated for this epidemic given by homeopathic Mexican doctors are the following:
1. Fear will die because of the disease
2. Red Throat
3. Onset of the symptoms after exposure to cold
4. Harsh beginning
5. The symptoms appeared suddenly
6. Red Congested face
7. Muscle aches and pains
1. Red teary eyes
2. Red flushed face
4. High fever - greater than 39oC (102.2°F).
5. Acute inflammation of the throat
6. Throbbing Pain while coughing
7. Severe headache
8. Violent pulsations caused by the headache
9. Red face. Brilliant and Injected Eyes
10. Cannot stand the least light or noise
1. Begins with sudden head pains
2. Worsened by body movement
3. Painful cough
4. Fever with chills.
5. Intense back and leg pain
6. Aggravated by the least movement, improved by rest
7. Extreme thirst for large amounts of liquid
8. Cold, red throat
9. Limb pain while walking.
10. Dryness of mucous
1. Begins with arduous throat pain
2. Improvement by consuming hot drinks
3. Widespread cold, feels cold
4. He covers himself too much
5. Feels prostrated, tired, exhausted
6. Violent vomiting, and has frequent, but scanty diarrhea
7. Thinks will die
8. Burning evacuation
9. Cough after drinking
10. Agitated and anxious
11. Does not want to be alone
1. Fever that starts with chills, shivering and shaking
2. Back pain
3. Continued fever, with intense and insatiable thirst
4. Bone pain, as if they had been beaten
5. Back pain, as if it were broken
7. Painful cough, aggravates the chest when coughing
8. Great pain of muscles and bones
9. Feels as if the back were dislocated
10. Congested face during fever
11. The sweating improves all the symptoms, except the headache
1. Begins with hoarseness and aphony
2. Catarrh, running nose, burning.
3. Sore throat as if it were raw meat
4. Dry cough, spasmodic
5. Fever with night sweats that do not improve
6. Constant thirst
7. Indented tongue
9. Very wary
10 Bone Pain
1. Has a fever chill
2. Hand trembles
3. Abundant perspiration
5. Intense muscle aches, with leg pain
6. Remains immobile in bed
7. Face congestion
8. Injected Eyes, sore throat
9. Dry cough, rapid pulse
10. Despite the fever, has no thirst
11. Depression and pain